Not only does AP bring lied-up and crooked “news reports” on Israel on a near daily basis. As behooves anyone who seriously wants to indoctrinate, AP rewrites history too.
We have spotted the next AP scandal. Just follow this revelation in a few easy steps.
1. Just before the new Jewish New Year, the amazing news broke that “Fidel Castro calls Ahmadinejad anti-Semitic” http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/09/fidel-to-ahmadinejad-stop-slandering-the-jews/62566/ and AP was there to report it: “Report: Castro blasts Ahmadinejad as anti-Semitic” http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3951540,00.html. With AP’s record, we were surprised – we must admit – but AP was on the ball – or so it seemed….
What Castro said in the original article was truly amazing:
He said the Iranian government should understand the consequences of theological anti-Semitism. “This went on for maybe two thousand years,” he said. “I don’t think anyone has been slandered more than the Jews. I would say much more than the Muslims. They have been slandered much more than the Muslims because they are blamed and slandered for everything. No one blames the Muslims for anything.” The Iranian government should understand that the Jews “were expelled from their land, persecuted and mistreated all over the world, as the ones who killed God. In my judgment here’s what happened to them: Reverse selection. What’s reverse selection? Over 2,000 years they were subjected to terrible persecution and then to the pogroms. One might have assumed that they would have disappeared; I think their culture and religion kept them together as a nation.” He continued: “The Jews have lived an existence that is much harder than ours. There is nothing that compares to the Holocaust.” I asked him if he would tell Ahmadinejad what he was telling me. “I am saying this so you can communicate it,” he answered.
2. Finishes the Jewish Festival and Sabbath, and we look at the news for any followup.
We found it: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/09/chavez-we-respect-and-love-the-jews/62693/ and AP reports it http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_VENEZUELA_CHAVEZ_JEWS?SITE=MAFIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT.
But – no letter about Castro’s opening move!
3. We look for the original AP story about Castro’s call to stop blaming the Jews, to have understanding for their need for their own country and security.
AP had purged the report from its archives!!
4. We google a part of AP’s report. We find News From The Associated Press | jacksonsun.com | that redirects us to a completely different and later AP story that contains not even a reference to the earlier story: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CB_CUBA_FIDEL_CASTRO?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT.
5. And also a newer AP Castro story http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CB_CUBA_IRAN_FIDEL_WHO?SITE=MAFIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT is cleansed from any of Castro’s calls to stop slamming Jews or Israel.
Compare this to AP’s quotes of people slandering Israel (on settlements, flotilla raids, Gaza hunger myths) that AP recycles for weeks on end, almost on a daily basis.
HERE IS OUR NEWS REPORT: AP BANS CASTRO’S CALL AGAINST ANTI-SEMITISM.
AP in its truest colors ever.