A. In one of your most disgusting reports to date, “Palestinian kills 4 Israelis on eve of peace talks,” AP again shows that when it comes to Israeli Jews, it has no trouble blaming the victim, no matter how much it must twist the truth to succeed doing this.
- “A Palestinian gunman opened fire on an Israeli vehicle” – No, he first checked if they were really Jews and then shot them point plank through their heads. He shot at human beings’ heads while he could touch them, not at a vehicle.
- “traveling in the West Bank,” “at a vehicle traveling near Hebron” – No, it was at the entrance of Kiriyat Arab, which is near Hebron, but has nothing to do with the second-most holy City for the Jews.
- “a volatile city that has been a flash point of violence in the past.” – Now, that is true if ever there was anything true, but AP leaves out what kind of violence. That in a pogrom in 1929 Arabs murdered 67 Jews who were peacefully living there for centuries; the Jews that survived (many of them protected by other Arabs than protected them with danger to their own lives) fled and later returned. But when the British in 1936 left, the remaining Jews were evacuated. No, AP doesn’t do Arab violence. Even when Jews are murdered they need to highlight that they are impossible to live with in peace (read on).
- “Some 500 ultranationalist Jewish settlers live in heavily fortified enclaves in the city amid more than 100,000 Palestinians.” – Some 6 million ultranationalist Zionist Jews live in a heavily fortified land amid more than 220 million Arabs. Isn’t that ASKING for trouble? It’s like saying that it’s women’s own fault if they get molested by men – they should not be women or walk in the street or get married and nothing would happen to them. All Peoples in the world strive for a Homeland but apparently Jews have to be an exception. When they are attacked they asked for it. There is only one tiny Jewish enclave in Hebron – a few houses, no more, where Jews used to live. If anybody, the non-Jews are the settlers there, since Jews lived there first. And no word by AP why it is heavily fortified and what a scandal it is that that is needed at all.
- “Netanyahu, leader of a hard-line coalition of religious and nationalist parties” – AP has no shame. Why not ask to speak at the funeral of these four poor victims, so that you can explain in person to the bereaved that that’s what you get with a “hard-line coalition of religious and nationalist parties” in government. Not only it’s an outright embarrassment that AP dares to write this, it’s also a lie. Because this so-called “hard-line coalition” is on its way to conduct peace talks as there not have been under left-wing coalition for years. And the biggest lie: the second biggest coalition party is Labor, a Party bordering on being part of the loony left, for sure not “religious” or “nationalist.“
B. After an hour AP tripled the report with all kinds of obligate phrases. Nothing could take away the shameful start of this report. Well, AP could take it away, but we’re not holding our breath.
Another few distasteful words were added in which it now says that “Netanyahu also faces some domestic opposition from elements of his hard-line coalition of religious and nationalist parties.” This was after stating how Palestinian terrorists are against the peace moves. The “also” – again as in so many other equalizing AP twists – hides Arab violence. What a chutzpah to gives this equasion in such a report.
The “report” now ends with portraying Netanyahu – again – as the one who still has to deliver on peace.
C. After still another two hours, AP had inserted so many other issues and spokespersons that the whole murder disappeared amidst peace process deliberations, trivializing it as if just an act of protest. Murder rendered immaterial. And the untruths that we protested? Not corrected, of course.
If we can believe AP (Could we?) the next moral equivalence came from a real spokesperson and not from AP: “U.N. envoy Robert Serry issued a statement condemning the attack and urging all parties….” Like, we call upon all thieves, robbers and police to shape up and abide by the law.
Left out by AP (No, we cannot believe AP) is that he is the United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process and the UN Secretary-General’s Personal Representative to the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Palestinian Authority http://www.unsco.org/sc.asp ! When we look at this statement http://www.unsco.org/Documents/Statements/SC/2008/Statement%20on%20the%20Gaza%20flotilla.pdf we know him through & through.
D. After still another four hours, yet another spokesperson’s words were added and nothing substantial changed. What a disgrace.
Long after other news outlets published specifics of the shooting, AP is silent about any of it. When Arabs die we need to hear the suffering of the families – even when it was a suicide bomber. But when innocent Jews are murdered AP will not release any detail that could evoke empathy; here we speak about the young parents of six children and two hitchhikers.
The worst AP failure is however that it does not only twist the truth and is cruel in the face of the family and friends of the bereaved (as explained above) but it also fails to report.
Most of the six million Jews in Israel are now in a state of shock and mourning. In the US one needs 3,000,000 innocent victims (Twin Towers) to get such an effect; here one dead is enough. That’s how much we cling to life and how close we feel to each other. That’s something to report, on the first school day in Israel, but not for AP. AP has other goals, obviously.
While we only want is