People that are not well-informed about Israel will see nothing wrong with your “Thousands march in Jerusalem for captive soldier.” They will miss all the euphemisms and that is a pity because they are plentiful and artful:
- a captive soldier – a kidnapped soldier
- held by Palestinian militants – they are among the most extreme terrorists
- symbolizing his freedom chanted “Gilad is still alive!” – rather they meant: can die any time soon, so hurry
- His captors have barred access to him – even by the Red Cross – and the world (UN) keeps silent and AP withholds the information
- not accept Hamas’ demand to include senior militants – they are mass murderers (Israel is ready to give up 100 lesser murderers who murdered over 600 Jews!)
- Israel considers Hamas a terrorist organization – rather the US and EU too
- Netanyahu fears prisoners would return to violence if freed – rather, there is proof that 52% of the terrorists released in a recent, large swap returned to violence and murdered an additional 27 Jews
- were met at the entrance to Jerusalem by a small group – a token, belittling statement for all the people and reasons why not to give in to Hamas too much
- [Of course the G-8 called for the unconditional and immediate release of Gilad Shalit, but AP boycotts and keeps silent about their declaration, that you may find here: https://apisraelwatch.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/g-8-leaders-support-israel/].
Doesn’t anyone ever blush at AP?