For the third time we have the honor to address your report “Top Lebanese Shiite cleric Fadlallah dies at 75.”
The first report had quite a disturbing paragraph. We mentioned it and you took it out.
The second, greatly expanded version was excellent. To get there you liberally quoted Wikipedia (forgot to credit it) but it looked good.
There was just one problem with it:
– Did it whitewash the Grand Ayatollah like AP touched up Arafat at his demise?
– Or was he or did he turn into being a moderate, admired by all kinds of people?
– Or was he a core preacher who continuously supported murder?
Only time would tell, and…. – it did!
We can only conclude he was NOT A MODERATE. Read:
- He praised the massacre of eight Jewish students at Mercaz Harav Yeshiva in Jerusalem in 2008.
- In March 2008 he claimed that Israel had “inflated” the number of Jews murdered by the Nazis in the Holocaust. “But the world accepted this [figure], and it does not allow [sic] anyone to discuss this.”
Clear enough, I would say.
Two stands you surely should add to the obituary.
However, meanwhile you have published “Tens of thousands march in Shiite cleric’s funeral” and not updated his portrait.
Arafat’s whitewash was on Steve Gutkin’s watch. That Dan Perry after a week in office is unable to discontinue such a sham bodes ill for AP’s future.